Sunday, September 19, 2010

Hero's Journey


    Wednesday,my day stared like any other day. I woke up 6: 30 in the morning to the loud sound of my alarm clock running to take a shower and getting ready and having my breakfast on the way to my door as I walk to my car I thanked God for the day the just pass in for the one who is just beginning. Started the engine and put on 1010 news to see was happen in the city. I was also looking forward to not to have any trouble finding park space around the school .As I walk to the from of my school I saw the line around the the school. Saw I knew that my day was going to be very hectic because for the past two weeks we were registering so many children coming from different countries. By 9:00 am we were already seen four Parents. One particular parent caught my eyes because she was having difficult filing out all the paperwork saw I asked another coworker to help her while I was helping another parent. My coworker was not to happy helping her because the only thing that came out the lady mouth was that she need it to finish fast so she can go to work. While my coworker was helping her notice that her documentations was uncompleted so she suggested to come back the nest day we everything that she need it. Lourdes stop helping her because not only she wanted to finish fast,but her paperwork was incomplete. The proses is very slow specially when children come from other countries. Soon after, I took over because the lady looks very poor an educate and crying because she said that I am single mom if I get fire who will put food in my son's mouth. She was so thankful that I was not sending her home. I took control of the situation took all her paper work ,but her son was constantly looking at me. As I was looking trough her paperwork her son was talking to her mother in her ear I was surprised went the mother y told me that her boy knew me I was surprised because they boy was new in the United States, “For a minute I thought is wear”.So I continue helping to make the processes faster so she can go back to work before I sent the lady inside we the secretary I went inside to speak to her I said Julie please the lady doesn't have everything ready,but please let her go that she will bring the rest on Monday because she do the rest on Saturday I took full responsibility thank God that she said yes. Is the processes finish I notice the boy didn't have the uniform or book bag or any supplies,so I asked where his supplies her respond was went I get pay I will buy them I told the mother to please wait for me I went to the parent coordinator to provide this poor women with uniform her respond was you know that I not longer in control of the uniforms, so who is it? The crazy Irene or no? If I asked her she will also said no to me because she thing that she owns the entire school and that she help pay for,so I went right to the top to The Principal, Mr. Lisa said what I wanted to hear “ In the back of my head I said thank God” My journey was not quiet over because I have to face the mean Irene I went with a face of satisfaction,but no to let her see it I said good morning Irene can you please give this child a complete uniform “she replied a complete Uniform why” We a big smile in face because Mr Lisa said her face drop. Okay go to the S.O. When I arrive to the S.O. She already had call the person and she only provide the boy we one shirt and the gym uniform why only one shirt because Irene said. the only thing that I was happy about the whole thing to see the boy and his mother we a big smile.I couldn't wait to go home and told my husband about what had happen in how I felt about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment