Saturday, September 25, 2010

Allegory of the Cave

    For the past forty years of my life ,I never thought  of myself as being chained to  the power of the English language. Since I arrived into this country it has been very difficult for me to learn a second language,but I got tired of people making fun of me and also not being able to express myself clearly  when I need too so I start ed to put my mind into learning to read and writing and speaking the best I could.

   According to Socrates illustration “ Allegory of the Cave “,I I feel myself as a semi- prisoner from the cave because learning a new language for some people might be easy but for others like me it can be a challenge. Especially for the writing and reading part it has been quiet difficult. I believe that my speaking ability has been my strong part. Every day it has been challenges after challenge for me to take my classes as I am still in the process of learning. As time pass by, little by little as any human being needs to overcome there shadows and satisfied their thirst for knowledge, I started to cure my hunger by continuing go to school and make something of myself. I never knew,but learning another language is like being in another world. Even though, people on many occasions have mad feel uncomfortable I recognized that if you don't do something to free yourself ,you will always be chained. your entire live. Now, I have clear knowledge to free myself we this little power.
   I hope one day ,if everything goes well to become a social worker .I believe that where there is a will there is a way.

No comments:

Post a Comment